Free Online English Language Course
Welcome to Linguanaut's free online English language course.
The four modules below are ideal for beginners and intermediate level students who wish to learn the English language online.
The lessons in the course modules cover a wide range of topics to help you learn English including verbs, nouns, tenses, plurals, questions and much more.
There are also two bonus modules at the end:
The first is our Audio Samples and Questions section. This contains many audio files to allow you to hear English conversations and how English is spoken, which is vital when in comes to learning how to pronounce English words.
The second bonus section is a collection of 23 grammar quizzes, to test and check your understanding of what you have learned on this free course.
Ready to get started? Click on the "Open Module One" button to start at the beginning, or click on a different button to open up the relevent section.
We hope that you find the information provided in the course useful in your English language studies.
Module 1 - Starter
Module 1 is ideal for beginners learning English and provides an introduction to verbs, contractions and question words.
- Unit 1 - Present Simple "to be" - Subject Pronouns
- Unit 2 - Present Simple "to be": Negatives and Questions
- Unit 3 - Contractions
- Unit 4 - Present Simple
- Unit 5 - Prepositions of Place
- Unit 6 - Prepositions of Time
- Unit 7 - Question Words
- Unit 8 - Object Pronouns
- Unit 9 - There is / There are
- Unit 10 - Countable / Uncountable Nouns
- Unit 11 - Articles
- Unit 12 - Plural Nouns
- Unit 13 - Demonstratives - this / that / these / those
Module 2 - Elementary
Module 2 builds on Module 1 to introduce more complex verbs, as well as things like quantifiers, conjuntions, imperatives, comparatives and superlatives.
- Unit 1 - Quantifiers
- Unit 2 - Possessive Nouns, Adjectives & Pronouns
- Unit 3 - Modal Verbs - Can/Can't, Have/Have Got
- Unit 4 - Conjunctions
- Unit 5 - Imperatives
- Unit 6 - Present Continuous
- Unit 7 - Adverbs of Frequency
- Unit 8 - Comparatives / Superlatives
Module 3 - Intermediate
Module 3 is for intermediate-level learners. As well as continuing some of the topics of Module 2, other things such as gerunds, conditionals and conjunctions of time are taught.
- Unit 1 - Past Simple
- Unit 2 - Future - Will/Shall, Going To, Present Simple and Continuous
- Unit 3 - Adjectives and Adverbs
- Unit 4 - Comparatives
- Unit 5 - Gerunds & Infinitives
- Unit 6 - Conditionals
- Unit 7 - Indefinite Pronouns
- Unit 8 - Modal Verbs
- Unit 9 - Prepositions & Conjunctions of Time
Module 4 - Upper Intermediate
This large, final module of the course contains 16 units. Topics include the passive voice, prepositions, relative clauses, causative verbs and much more.
- Unit 1 - Adverbs of Degree
- Unit 2 - Present Perfect
- Unit 3 - Adverbs of Time
- Unit 4 - Determiners
- Unit 5 - Question Tags
- Unit 6 - The Passive Voice
- Unit 7 - Reported Speech
- Unit 8 - Get/Be Used To
- Unit 9 - Wish
- Unit 10 - Prepositions & Conjunctions
- Unit 11 - Adverbs (Comparative)
- Unit 12 - Relative Clauses
- Unit 13 - Indirect Questions
- Unit 14 - Past Perfect
- Unit 15 - Future
- Unit 16 - Causative Verbs
Audio Samples and Questions
Our "Audio Samples and Questions" section contains many audio examples of conversations between two people in English. Based on the conversation heard, there are then questions to answer which will test your knowledge and understanding. The categories are:
- Conversation Starters
- Getting Around
- Telephone Conversations
- Situational Conversations
- Short Talks
- Verb Tenses
This section contains 23 grammar quizzes. Choose the correct word to fill in the blanks in the sentences based on what you read in the text.
Ideally taken at the end of this free English course, it will enable you to practice what you have learned, and can also serve as a useful revision tool in the future if you find that you have started to forget some of your new English language skills.Open Grammar Quizzes